Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Spreading Rumours

Taken from www.thestar.com.my

What can I say? If any of you in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah yesterday, you'll for sure experienced another UGLY side of "us" (can't say Malaysian, as I mentioned before). I was stuck in the jam for like 1 hour (travel distance = around 5km), because everyone is queuing up for fill their tank. I do not bother to fill up my tank for few reasons :-

i) I still got half tank, which can last for 1 more week
ii) I do not have enough cash with me at that time. LoL (They do not take credit card anymore)
iii) I believe that it is impossible for petrol station to stop their business for 3 days

Now, I was wondering, who spread the rumour that the petrol station is going to close for 3 days? Ok, I heard from a collegue of mine, she received SMS directly from Maxis, saying that petrol station is going to close for business for 3 days. What is their purpose if it is them who spread the rumour? To earn more, because they know consumer will surely SMS and call their relatives/friends? Yea, this could be true. I mean, when rumour's spread, the most profit party is the telco company.

Second, what makes the people themselves believe in such rumour? Do they ever think of the economy impact to the country if petrol station is close? Do they think the Gov will allow it? I bet the Gov will revoke their license if they really do so.

Too bad, I was sooo annoyed yesterday, and I forgot to take pic for this post. LoL..

6 comments:

eKimkee said...

Muahahaha, same topic pulak. Hi5 dude!

RiccLee said...

Yea.. Lets gather more to join our ring.. :-)

-dik- said...

oi....dont complaint much here....KL always traffic jam...1 hour...u should smile ler...my worst travel in 8km only....guess how many hours did i stucked in???

RiccLee said...

Oh.. Welcome new visitor on the block.. My bro.. LoL

FloDawn said...

Hi Rick :) Visiting ur blog for the first time hehe...
Yeah I blogged abt this topic too. Luckily I was in the same boat as u then, so didn't go queue up :P

RiccLee said...

Hi Flo.. welcome.. :-)

U're in the same boat? Means ur car still got half tank huh? Or same boat as in not enuff cash.. LoL