Sunday, June 15, 2008

Ugly side of Malaysian

Picture taken from www.thestar.com.my, showing the money she got from TTDI post office

No, I do not mean she's ugly. I mean, MALAYSIAN. Although it is not applicable to all, but I'm pretty sure it is applicable to most.

I read a newspaper this morning, people queuing up in front of the post office as early as 7am, and snapped up about RM 20M for their eligible fuel subsidy. I was like, speechless for a while. Queuing up as early as 7am? People, our Goverment will pay out the subsidy until March 2009. We have like a few months to get our subsidy back from post office, and they chose to get it back on the very first day? Why I said Malaysian are ugly. We often see Malaysian some how "loved" to wait everything until the very last minute to get it done, rather than get it done on the first day. What?

A very good example, submitting income tax. Every waited till the very last day to submit their income tax, and caused the income tax online system came to a halt. Another good example, changing to MyKad. Most waited until the very last day to have their IC changed, and ended up waiting there till midnight. But, when getting money from Gov, without any delay, they go on the first day.

Its fortunate, not all are eligible to get their money back today, because their road tax has yet expire. What if Gov announced, everyone can get it back, starting from today. I'm sure post office all over Malaysia will have to work until midnight.

2 comments:

eKimkee said...

No doubt, I think everywhere is the same. It's RM625! May be they really need that RM625 to open rice.

RiccLee said...

LoL.. RM625 is quite a lot.. But pay in 1 go, sure the money gone to entertaiment.. ^^